Easton's Curbside Trash and Recycling Program: Join Today!
Waste Management Direct: 1-800-972-4545
YOU ASKED, WE LISTENED
Effective the week of October 6, 2014, Waste Management customers will have their 96 gallon single stream recycling bin picked up weekly and bulky item pick up will occur quarterly with no increase in cost. For a full list of benefits, click here.
Benefits of Waste Management
- Priced at $280 annually, Waste Management will save you over $100 per year compared to other waste collection programs.
- A 64-gallon trash bin is accompanied by a 96-gallon recycling bin (the largest available from any provider), each picked up weekly.
- Bulky item pick up available quarterly.
- For a comprehensive list of benefits, please click here.
Disposal of Leaves, Yard Waste
Yard waste has been banned from solid waste disposal facilities by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for many years. Therefore you cannot simply put the leaves out with the trash.
Residents who don’t hire landscapers to rake and dispose of their leaves have a couple of options.
1. Compost your leaves. Composting is relatively easy and takes less space than you think. Composting is environmentally beneficial because it provides nutrients for your garden and is economical. Click here for a guide to composting at home.
2. Take your leaves to a site that has been registered with the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection. Click here for a list of sites in the region.
Unfortunately, there are no registered sites in Easton.
Remember, it is never ok to dump yard waste near a wetland or body of water.