Planning and Economic Development
Planning & Economic Development serves the people of the Town of Easton by working to assure that growth and development in Easton is consistent with these goals:
- Preserve Easton’s historic and environmental resources;
- Create housing options for Easton residents at all income levels;
- Enhance agricultural and recreational opportunities in Easton;
- Allow for safe and efficient transportation options;
- Improve Easton’s economic vitality.
The Department administers local law related to development, responds to resident inquiries, maintains records and supports a number of boards and commissions. Comprised of citizen volunteers, these groups include:
Engineering Review Office Hours for Engineers and Developers
Woodard & Curran provides peer review services for several of the Boards served by the department. To help facilitate project permitting, Woodard & Curran is available the first and third Wednesdays each month at 10:00 a.m. at the Easton Town Hall to discuss engineering and stormwater aspects of projects before a board. Appointments can be either 'drop-in' or you can contact Mary Guiney for an appointment at (508) 230-0630.