A response to incidentS OF HATE
Please see the following documents that address recent incidents of bias and hate in our community:
- A Joint Letter from the Leaders of Our Town
- A Letter to Parents from Superintendent, Dr. Lisha Cabral
- A Community Letter from Superintendent, Dr. Lisha Cabral (including EPS's core values and plans going forward)
Easton's Human Rights Committee is a group of Easton residents dedicated to building a stronger, more unified Town—free from bigotry, hatred, intolerance, and disrespect. Current membership includes nine (9) at-large citizens, one (1) Board of Selectmen member, one (1) School Committee member, and one (1) Civil Rights Officer. Our meetings usually take place on the second Thursday of each month and are open to the public.
- To promote Easton’s vision of a community that has as its core values freedom from bigotry, hatred, intolerance, and disrespect.
- To build a stronger, more unified Town that respects and recognizes both our diversity and our commonalities.
- To work with community groups and agencies to educate and to promote understanding to eliminate prejudice and intolerance.
- To confront statements and actions that conflict with the core values expressed above.
View the latest Human Rights Committee flyer.
Download the 2018-2019 Easton Guide to Holiday Observance.
How to Donate
To donate to the Committee, please make checks payable to “Town of Easton” accompanied by a memo that describes where and how you’d like the gift to be spent. If you’d like your gift to remain anonymous, please say so in your memo.
Example: This gift is intended for the UNITY project. This gift should remain anonymous.
Checks can be mailed or delivered to Town Hall, 136 Elm Street, Easton, MA 02356. All donations and requests must be accepted by the Board of Selectmen.
To determine whether or not your donation is tax deductible, please contact a tax professional.
|Karen Chan||Vice Chair||06/30/2020|
|Craig Barger||BOS Representative||06/30/2019|
|Michelle Durrance||School Committee Representative||06/30/2019|
|Matthew Badoud||Civil Rights Officer|
American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts (ACLU)
Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC)
Anti-Defamation League of New England (ADL)
Hate Has No Home Here
Boston Active Bystander Coalition Facebook Page
The Human Rights Committee welcomes questions and comments. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.